this is it

Monday, August 1, 2005

I don't want to be like that

So I often go around and try to do whatever it is that I am supposed to do in this life. Occasionally I run into people. Ok most of the time I run into people literally and figuratively. There are things that I notice in myself when I come in contact with these people. One is that I immediately submerge my own personality. Maybe not totally and there are people in this world who actually bring my personality out or at least aspects that are normally hidden ( my oldest brother and his roommates for instance). Generally though I become a blank slate. I watch you and you through your own personality tell me how I am supposed to act around you. Eventually if you spend enough time with me you be given the opportunity to talk to the real me (once again my bro. and his roomies, that was weird). So I think that there are people out there who think they know me. I am not kidding or trying to sound all woe is me no one understands because I know the opposite is true. Yet there are literally people out there you tell other people that they know me so well. I am such and such a way and think this and this and this. They are wrong. In fact the more they stray from basic facts the more they have a tendency to get it wrong. My first semester in college I realized that this is going to get me nowhere fast. I would end up with a bunch of people again that I have to pretend with. I am not saying I went out and did a 180 and totally changed. Heck no, I like my built in security system. It works for those minor inconveniences. I did start to pick people for friends that I felt like I could be myself with. Unfortunately, I think I only convinced myself. Some people are acting surprised at the things I will say and do. This kind of worries me. Oh well.
Other new: So despite the fact that I totally went off on my mom last time, that is not the way I want to be. My mother is an awesome and amazing lady. Plus she is surprisingly funny. She has done more for me and sacrificed more than I would care to think about. This doesn't, however, exclude her from occasionally making me frustrated. I think that I am going to work on this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home