this is it

Wednesday, August 3, 2005

Released from prison

Walking into the room. It's dark and you trip on the stairs, heading for the back. It's cold. Thumping and grinding noises make you look backwards at nothing. "Welcome to class. Today we will be covering architecture." says this man in the front. He looks and teaches like this class is the one that will save you from your own ignorance. You poor fools, is what his body language tells me. I am going to teach you what it means to be human.
I personally don't like humanities class. I like humanities. I think that learning about the great things people have accomplished is important and inspiring. I will never be able to paint like Michelangelo or compose music like Mozart or Bach. I will never build buildings like Frank Lloyd Wright ( I'm not sure if I would want to build like him) or dance like Isadora Duncan (if you call that dancing). I won't ever be able to write like Shakespeare ( I do like to confuse people).
I can however appreciate all these things and I did...before humanities class. Well I still appreciate them. It's just sitting in that class with these people that sometimes are so full of themselves and their own intellect. It makes me want to scream. I think that this class should be classified as a form of torture sometimes. When I walk in it's like I am overcome with this urgency to leave. I watch the clock tick every minute by and wish every minute that this was the minute I am waiting for. The minute I am released from prison. I was serious about the lighting and the cold and the noise. I feltthe first time in class that I had warped into the last level of Super Mario Bros. 3 I think. The one where you have to run through Bowser' castle. It 's all dark and you hear this breathing and thwomping and stuff. Then you reach Bowser and he's all smug and breathing stuff at you. My teacher isn't really like that. He's a nice guy but he majored in Humanities. Ok so that is like every Mario bros. ever made.
Random Thoughts: I am EVERYONE'S little sister. I am ok with that, I guess. It does mean I get teased a lot. Not like I haven't had practice with that all my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home