this is it

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Just so you know...

I don't do goodbyes very well. You would think that with all the practice over the years I would be a pro. All I became was a pro at avoiding them. The thing is that the people that I like the most and that I am the closest to, I will see again. I will make the effort to see them so it seems silly to get all emotionally stressed out to me. I have accepted that this is not the norm and that most people prefer some sort of sentiment. I guess I can deal with that. It's the other goodbyes that I avoid. The ones where you know that you are not going to make the effort to see the person. The ones that I know this will probably be the last time I see them in my life. Just so no one misunderstands me these are people that I don't spend a lot of time with and don't put a lot of effort into a relationship with them. I don't care. It's callous, I know. I don't care that I am never going to see some of these people ever again. They are fun and nice and I am glad that I got to know them and all that jazz but really I don't feel the same about goodbyes. I just want to get them over with or avoid them at all costs. It makes me a little grumpy come goodbye time. I am not sympathetic towards others and I don't make an effort to hide it sometimes. It's bad. I'll work on it.

3 Comments:

  • you need a good cuddle. so um...

    E-CUDDLE!!!!

    By Blogger Flops, at 11:19 PM  

  • Oh that's just gross... walking in on someone else's e-cuddle... keep it to yourselves, please. As for goodbyes, I promise not to be a dork. You know I'm going to miss you kid.

    By Blogger Christine Ann, at 8:47 AM  

  • I'm not good at goodbyes either,it's always awkward.I need an e-cuddle,too!

    By Blogger Autumn, at 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home