this is it

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Somethings are just awkward

I make things awkward. Not everything but somethings. Ok this thought stems from the fact that I felt very awkward at least twice the night before I left Rexburg. I was thinking about this afterward and wonder if I made it awkward or if it would have been that way for anyone. I am fairly certain that situation #2 was not of my own making and that the hands of a guy giving you a hug shouldn't linger at the waist while whispering mission advice in your ear (well at least this guy's shouldn't have...shiver from creepiness) Situation #1 I think I might have made it more awkward that it should have been. It was supposed to be funny but I think that it really caught me off guard. I probably over (or maybe under) reacted. It was funny and I totally blew it out of proportion. I just didn't expect it. It shocked me. Luckily, others prevented it from getting out of hand before I even had time to react except to be totally and completely shocked...I just froze. Moral of the story: I have a bubble. It's an unpredictable bubble. Sometimes people are allowed to enter and then permission is revoked. One person can get away with something while someone else of equal status, in my mind, cannot. I don't understand but there you have it.
P.S. I really do like being home. Family is great. They make life fun. Also, Merry Christmas because I probably won't post again until after.

2 Comments:

  • Your mom is awkward. "My ship wants to talk to your ship."

    By Blogger Ben, at 11:01 PM  

  • I can attest to the awkwardness of said night. I will warn future relationship prospects not to use sneak-attack methods. But it was oh holy hilarious! (if you don't mind me saying.)

    By Blogger Christine Ann, at 12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home