this is it

Sunday, February 5, 2006

Life as we know it

Life as I know it if undoubtedly different from life as you know it. There are always things that everyone experiences. Birthdays for instance. Everyone has one but birthdays as you know them and birthdays as I know them are different. I was told the other day that since I have 3 brothers, I know more about the male thought process and logic than other females around me. I do not believe this to be so. I think it is all about how I view life and how others view life. I think if anything having only brothers has taught me a couple things. One that even though it's easy to generalize about genders, the fact of the matter is that everyone is different. Being male or female has some impact but not everything to do with it. You must allow for individual personality. Second is that most girls are crazy. I know that I am insulting my own gender but really come on. Think about some of the things girls do. I should also include guys in here too but I notice it more in girls. Some of us are crazy. I guess I can't generalize after what I said before but still it's something I learned from my brothers. Third, don't take no crap from nobody. If it's being dished out to you, choke it down and then punch them in the face if you can't think of a good come back. I learned how to take it. I even can sort of dish it out even though I need more practice. My conclusion is that these factors plus many more have effected my point of view. They make me slightly different from the me I could be if I had sisters and brothers. I guess this makes it seem like I know how guys think (but really come on people!) and it also makes me everyone's kid sister.
P.S. I really enjoy me FHE family this semester. At the moment I don't feel awkward about it like I usually do. It's so fun too. We have 2 converts, one of about 2 years and another of about 8 months. You don't realize how silly primary songs look when they are done by grown people. We sang Book of Mormon stories including hand movements. My FHE sister about died laughing. Here is a group of 20 year old and older people all doing the gestures and she just couldn't stop laughing. Just think about if you saw a group of pastors or something sitting around in a meeting and they all decide to sing Once there was a snowman. It would be hilarious!

1 Comments:

  • I really like the idea people should be punched in the face if you can't think of a good comeback.

    By Blogger Flops, at 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home