this is it

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Happy After Christmas! (or New Year..whatever)

New Favorite Songs: "She is" and "Heaven Forbid" by the Fray and "Fidelity" by Regina Spektor.

So the days have been jam packed with family and fun or something like unto that. There is snow...everywhere...I mean it. I love that every time there is a big snow storm, someone in my family will eventually introduce the idea of making an igloo (a big hearty thanks to the Eskimos for coming up with the idea). It has only been completed once to my memory. I wonder if this time will be any different. It great to play in the snow with my brothers again. I could almost pretend that it's the blizzard in N.C. or the one in Maryland. Just a side note forts built under trampolines are very short especially when it's caving in from snow on top of it. So much snow seems ridiculous but brings me a certain amount of peace. I love looking at pristine sheets of white snow and I love watching snow fall. It gives me the hope that I can start over again and be pure like the snow. I love the feeling of making the first snow print into uncharted territory. A new adventure where I look back and see where I've been and look forward to see that no one has been before me. I love how bright it is outside when it's supposed to be pitch black. I don't always love freezing but I enjoy the unfreezing process (mostly when there is hot chocolate or something involved and lots of blankets). Basically, even though I complain about it a lot, I do like snow.
P.S. I think my little bro. has given me his germs. I hate those filthy stinkin' germs.
P.P.S. My just older brother and his wife are snowed in with us. Hopefully, good times with ensue. It was his idea to play in the snow in the dark and he came up with the phrase "Inuit" pies. It made me laugh.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home