this is it

Monday, February 20, 2006

What happens when they free you?

I had plans this weekend. Gloriously organized and they had the potential of saving me a lot of grief and hardwork. I was going to do homework all day Saturday. I was going to be a productive student for the first time in the history of my college education. I was going to be free for the next week. Then I realized that all of my roommates were leaving for the weekend. Now at the beginning I will say that I was a little saddened by the fact that I would be all alone. Then the idea sunk in. I was going to be..by myself! Then the roommates started in. They were feeling guilty about leaving me behind. This clouded my mind with thoughts that I would miserable and lonely. So the day they left, I was feeling nervous. Was I really going to be lonely without them? NO! It has been a joyous three day break from worrying about whether how sloppy I am is going to make my roommate upset or if she minds but isn't telling me. It was wonderful not to worry about walking into the living room and finding my roommate and her fiance kissing or cuddling or basically making me crazy( if you are going to plan a wedding please don't ask my advice I beg of you please). No one coming in at midnight and swooning because the guy was so cute or he talked to her or looked at her. No nothing. Silence and whatever I felt like doing or not doing, that is what I did. No loud music waking me up at 7 so they don't have to listen to silence while they get ready in the morning. No feeling guilty because I don't want to go and do this or that or make a complete fool of myself. Needless to say I was a good weekend. I do wish that I had been able to go down to Utah for a day to see people and whatnot but really I don't have that kind of money to throw around( and no place to sleep).
P.S. I saw the Teton Dam yesterday. It was a dam. Nothing really exciting. Company is really what makes something fun. I was with my neighbor. I really like her. She's cool.

1 Comments:

  • I think the wedding advice issue also applies to math homework, and you should have come to Provo 'cause I was there and you know you could always stay in Miller. The end.

    By Blogger Ben, at 6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home