this is it

Thursday, March 9, 2006

I am single and I am not ashamed of it(usually)

I have the primary song "The World is So Big" stuck in my head. I don't know if it is actually called that but the words are running in my head. The world is so big and oh so round and in it...something something are found. This has nothing to do with what I am thinking about. In my head is a thought that one I analyze too much. My roommate said that someone told her that American English is one of the more lazy languages because we don't use our mouths as much. Now I have very little knowledge about linguistics and what little I have heard doesn't usually stay very long(sorry bro.) but I have been thinking about this and I think that I think about things too much. This leads me to the conclusion that I can be very unsympathetic. Now I know you might be going "what?!" I have a round about way of thinking about things. I will walk you through it. Since I analyze, I think of all possibilities. These possibilities lead to other conclusions and when people tell me about this and that I go "ah huh" and they ask me if that is my final reaction and then sometimes I choose to change for a more appropriate expression of emotion if that seems to be required. Now you say why does that lead to not being sympathetic. It doesn't really. I have just been thinking about my friend. He is experiencing real singleness for the first time it seems. This person seems to think that everyone goes out immediately after they turn 16 and that not having a significant other might as well be death. I often wonder if my lack of knowledge in this area prevents me from fully understanding. Anyway, I am not being very sympathetic mostly because I have been single my entire life and just want them to get over it and understand that I don't really want to hear about how hard it is for them to be single. I also don't want to hear talking about how this and this happened and it only happens to him. I have probably been in everyone of the situations this guy has been in currently(in an opposite kind of way). I want to refuse sympathy. I want to just sit this person down and say "hey, get over it and yourself and move on." Why don't I? He's a good friend. He'd probably wouldn't like that and I really like to avoid conflict. Anyway, thanks to all those who are single and don't gripe or whine or think that they are the only ones in the universe who aren't married or in a relationship. I am indeed very grateful for you.
P.S. I seriously want some girl scout cookies. They don't sell them online for safety reasons. I searched and the nearest place they will sell them is Twin Falls. Now that is not close at all really and it's really not close if you don't have a car but I would give a lot for some Samoas. I thought about it too much.
P.P.S. Is it really true about American English? I haven't been able to come to an actual conclusion on my own and I want to know now.

1 Comments:

  • Actually, in American English, depending on you dialect, you have roughly 11 vowels and 19 consonantal phonemes, not mentioning allophones of such. That's precision, my sister, not laziness.

    By Blogger Ben, at 7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home