this is it

Tuesday, March 7, 2006

Revisiting old pain

My heart goes out to my friend's family. He recently died about 2 months ago. It seems as though it was only yesterday that all of those boys were here. I cannot think of one without thinking about the other two. I spent my entire winter semester of 2005 with them. I saw them everyday of the first block of summer. They were so excited about leaving for their missions. They were going to convert the world. They believed they could do it and you couldn't help but smile at the exuberance and confidence. They might not have been physically together but they were one in purpose and spirit. I won't lie and say that I didn't miss them during the fall. I still miss them. It's different now. The way life doesn't turn out like you hope it will. My mind thought that one day about three years from now we would all be together again. Some I will see sooner and others it will be a long time. My friend N was sent home early because of health issues. He now has to deal with the stigma of not serving an entire mission even though he received an honorable release. People can be very judgemental and I resent it, maybe more than he does. I will see him this coming fall. My friend C will be the only one to serve the whole time, hopefully. It's kind of ironic and it will be another year and a half. The third, well the third. My friend Bradley Jay Isle. He died this year. He went to New Zealand and died in a car crash about 2 months after he arrived there. It will be a long time before I see him again. His mother has asked us to write down stories and things we remember about him. I know that I have stories but alot of what I remember about him is talking and friendship that when written down become corny and cheesy. He was the kind of person the prophets and leaders of the church tell you to become friends with. The kind of person that makes you want to be better than you are. Even before he died, I could imagine him everytime I was reluctant to do something telling me that it was gonna be fun. I miss him and life continues...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home