this is it

Monday, January 15, 2007

A minute ear canal and other wonders

I just finished reading "The End" by Lemony Snicket. It made me wonder if I am just slow or if no questions were really answered at all. In my desperation to understand, I borrowed "The Beatrice Letters" from the library. It didn't help. But I did find many quotes that I love. One of which is in a letter from Beatrice to Lemony. It says, "Your cave is miserable place- drafty, bat-infested, and decorated with hideous wallpaper." And, "This has been a hard year's journey. Except for the occasional mob, I have traveled alone..." What inspired this post about "The End?" Today there was an attempt made to correctly use an ear candle. I have never had fire so close to my face. It didn't work. Either I have no ear wax or the side of the inside of my ear has a hickey.

I was also thinking about belongings. I don't usually think about those so much. It maybe from my transitory childhood that I don't always care about belongings. I can only think of one thing that I have had for most of my life. This is my neon pink teddy bear. It's name is Sam. I have never been able to determine if this is short for Samuel or Samantha. In my youth, it was a boy but as I grew up, I realized that I either had a bear that was very confident in his manhood or that he didn't know what color he was. I decided that my bear should be a girl. Then as I grew older still, I realized that either me or the bear was very confused. Sad. I was also wondering if middle sized pink teddy bears were allowed to come on a mission with you. Sam has been everywhere with me. I feel that it would be a shame for Sam to miss out on any adventure especially considering Sam would probably never leave my suitcase. It's ok. Sam likes dark enclosed places as they are reminiscent of caves and Sam is a bear.

P.S. My just older brother is amazingly funny sometimes. Most may not find the humor in the next little segment but it caused me a great deal of mirth. We were having a conversation earlier and somehow the phrase "bum needles" came into existence. Shortly, the phrase was morphed into "bum beetles." At lunch we were discussing lil' J's school and just older brother wrote this note:
Dear teacher lady,
Please excuse lil' J from school today. He has a bum beetle. At any moment millions of little spiders will crawl out of his butt and consume his entire body. In fact Lil' J may be out for the rest of the week. Thank you.
Dr. Just older brother
Doctor of Anal Medicine.

Basically, this was enjoyed by all.

2 Comments:

  • I nearly wet myself.

    Also, I gave you that bear.

    By Blogger Ben, at 7:09 PM  

  • You did! I don't remember. I guess you should happy that I have such high regard for it.

    By Blogger Stephie, at 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home