this is it

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Compy!!

So this is my first post from my new laptop. I love it! It may not be the fanciest thing in the entire world but it fits me just fine. I love having the world at my fingertips. This is mine it doesn't tell my dad what websites I have visited every month. Not that my parents don't trust me. The parental controls are really for everyone's benefit but it's really frustrating when you can't even visit your own blog. Ok that is an exaggeration. I could visit my blog but I couldn't do anything on it. I couldn't visit other people's blogs. That was annoying.
So my laptop has a DVD player and I went and bought some dvds. I bought The Muppets Take Manhattan and the original Batman and Robin movie. I love that kind of stuff. My family borrows old television series from the library. I love watching M*A*S*H and 21 Jumpstreet ( who knew Johnny Depp was ever that young). I remember watching the A-Team and Batman and Robin(holy matching socks Batman!!) with my brothers when I was younger. The old Mission Impossible. The Dick Van Dyke Show. I love to see reruns of my favorite series like Boy meets World. I realized this week that no one in the eighties and early nineties knew how to act. I just laugh at the clothes and the hairstyles. It is so funny. I think about how in the future my kids will laugh at all the stuff they do now. It just makes me happy for whatever reason. I love watching the remakes of things too. Like the Italian Job. Have you ever seen the original? My suggestion is, don't. The new one is better. I heard that Ocean's Eleven was a remake too but I have never had a desire to see the first one.
New line: I go back to school the day after tomorrow. I am very excited. My brother called at told me that I got accepted to BYU (complicated story about how he knows before I even get the letter and maybe even before I turn in my application?!). I am excited to return to school and live on my own again. Time at home always does me good though. I get time to relax and spend time with my family. I took my little brother to see Charlie and the Chocolate factory yesterday. It was fun and I liked the movie. He is now almost as tall as I am. I fully expect this Christmas to be the shortest in the room (sigh). The only thing is that you get so accustomed to living on your own that it is annoying to have the responsibility of other people. Not that I take care of them but you have to sometimes watch what you say or how you say it. You have to take their feelings into consideration. You have to do that with everyone but it's not the same. You are with family all the time. It can be a little overwhelming.

2 Comments:

  • Aaah!!! Steph, you have comment spam. Maybe you should do this.

    By Blogger Ben, at 10:19 AM  

  • Oh, and hit the trashcan next to the spam comments.

    By Blogger Ben, at 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home