this is it

Saturday, August 20, 2005

...Jiggity Jig

So I've been home for week now. I haven't gone crazy yet. I think part of that has been that I went to work for this past week. I use to work full time in the medical records department of a pediatric doctors office. It was ok. It's tedious, boring, frustrating and annoying so you can't really have fun at that job. That is unless you are like the people who use to work there. There was the only guy in the entire office who pretty much did as little as possible. Also my sister in law who is amazing. She is also somewhat of a workaholic. She would do the things that me and the other guy wouldn't do. Then all of us quit. Not at the same time. The sister in law got a promotion. The guy went to work at a bar and train to be a fireman. I went to school.

This past week they asked me to come work. I thought they didn't have anyone to work there. I was wrong. They have hired a new girl. She is semi-trained, just enough so that she knows basically how to do things but still doesn't know what she is doing. She is also extremely quiet and I think she has better learn to step up or prepare to be fired. The people they have hired in the past must have been idiots because I have found more things in the wrong place or not done then I did in the entire year I worked there. Not knowing where a chart is makes that job extremely frustrating. You call the other offices to see if they have a chart and they act like you are a idiot for asking them because that kid is obviously seen at your office. I just didn't know where else to look. I didn't think that you could misfile a name that started with a Z. There is only one place for it! How can you misfile it! Stupidity almost always surprises me. On another note I hate outcards. These cards are supposed to make it easier to find a chart. They are time consuming to make and I never look at them anyway. If it isn't in the files then it must be somewhere else. If it's somewhere else I get to leave the dark, dank hole called medical records to look for it and maybe talk to people other than the quiet girl at the other side of the desk. So why would I want to know exactly where it was anyway. Plus I cut myself on an outcard at least once a day.


Different topic: Sometimes you just don't want to do what the other people are doing. My roomies are planning a trip down to Utah for Labor day weekend ( my birthday is Labor day). I don't think I want to go. Only catch is that someone (she knows who she is) might feel bad enough to try and stay home with me because it is my birthday. Pretty much I don't care if they are home on my birthday. Perhaps they should consider it their present to me to have the apartment all to myself. I have more friends then just them. True they are the main ones and the ones I have the most fun with but I can find someone else to hang with for that weekend. Plus I don't want to go hang at the lakeside with them. To work on my tan. Ok I have enough of a farmer's tan from Provo, I don't need to make it worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home