this is it

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

IT'S OVER!!

School is done and I can once again breath easy, for about two seconds. I went to take my last final in the Richards building today and while I was walking there, I was about 20 minutes early, I saw two groups of guys playing basketball. I dubbed them the old, sweaty guys and the young, sweaty guys. It was interesting to watch them play. The older gentlemen seemed to have been playing with each other a long time. They were coordinated. They knew where their team was. The younger gentlemen were more intense. Their competitive natures were oozing all over the floor. They had more hot shots and ball hogs. Their game was less organized and less interesting to me. I think I am applying this to my life somehow. The more time I spend with people I have known for a long time the better things seem to go. You know each others habits and what you look like pissed off. You understand and coordinate better. Other people talk to you when it is convenient for them. They don't care if you have something else going on. They want your undivided attention, now. My roommate and I were talking about how we tend to have random people spill their guts to us. I don't care, usually. I like to help people. These are also the people that decide that since they have spent so much time talking to me that they are my new best friends. Fine, whatever. I like to help people. I just wish they knew when to let me go. I don't always have to be their best friend. When they have no need of me anymore I am fine with that. Just let me go. Quit trying to keep the relationship going when you don't even really like me anymore. I can take it, trust me. It's been done before. It's also weird how some people you just get along with. There is this girl I am rooming with in the fall. She is just my friend. We didn't do anything or try hard and it just happened. Same thing happened with one of my roommates this summer. I moved in and it was a while before we really talked but we just fit. We know each others idiosyncrasies because they are the same in both of us ( for the most part). It's fun. I like it.
Something New: The sinks in the women's bathroom on the 3rd floor of the Richards building should be turned on really slow because the water rushes out real fast and splashes all over you. Just in case you ever use that bathroom. Also watch out for people dancing in the hallway there because they don't always look where they are dancing.

1 Comments:

  • DEAR STEPHIE,

    I DEMAND ALL OF YOUR ATTENTION! I WILL MANIPULATE YOU IF YOU DO NOT APPEASE MY WHINING ILLOGIC!! I WILL NOT ONLY TAINT THE POSSIBILITY OF YOU HELPING SOMEONE WITH A REAL PROBLEM, BUT I MIGHT JUST SUCK YOUR SOUL. I GOT A STRAW!

    PLEASE LOVE,
    ALL YOUR CREEPY FRIENDS

    By Blogger Ben, at 12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home