this is it

Friday, August 12, 2005

Toilet Mold

Warning: Today's blog contains material that some might find rather disgusting, I know I did. If you just randomly picked this blog to read today and the title scared you, you can always choose to read this blog on a different day when the topic is not toilet mold.
Clean checks are tomorrow but since I am leaving tomorrow, I did my jobs today. My job was to clean the bathroom. I know many of you are groaning in sympathy and sorrow at my unfortunate luck but I chose to clean the bathrooms. I repeat, I chose to clean the bathrooms. I like to clean the bathrooms. They are small and easy to clean. People assume that the bathrooms are always disgusting. This is not entirely true. Bathrooms have the potential to be full of disgusting things but most people prefer to use a clean bathroom and therefore will periodically clean them on their own. This applies to almost everything in the bathroom except the toilet. Nobody likes to clean the toilet. I don't like to clean the toilet. I think that maybe guys don't have the same toilet problems that girls have. We see that the seat is clean and that the bowl isn't too disgusting and we are ok with that or we swab it with the brush. Guys usually have the seat up so maybe they see the reality of the dirtiness of their toilets but I don't know if they do anything about it, I don't even know if any of that is true. I live in women's housing and the only time the seat of a toilet is lifted is cleaning checks. So the dingy whatever that is in the bowl of the toilet isn't dirt. It's mold and it is slowly creeping up the bowl and out onto the rim. All these girls who think that it's ok because it's not that dirty, don't realize that the mold is climbing higher and getting bigger and may one day take over their bathroom and then... The world! This evil genius while seemingly benign and non threatening when attacked emits an aura of disgusts that can be so strong it might make you want to throw up. The only way to counter this menace is to scrub and scrub and scrub. Don't forget to use gloves and something disinfecting like bleach or toilet cleaner but don't use both. Ammonia and bleach should never mix and the fumes they make combined could kill you and I am not joking about this.
So anyway this is how I spent my Friday morning up to my elbows in toilet mold. Don't worry I had gloves on. Of course it doesn't really matter because what could be more disgusting then toilet mold even when you are protected. I hope to never see a toilet that disgusting ever again. I wonder if I will ever feel clean again.
New topic: My friend came and visited me yesterday. It was nice, if a little too long. I realized, later through out the night sometime after the ice cream we had to celebrate our last night as apt. 6, that people don't see things like I do. I have realized that before but last night it really hit me. I know things that some people don't because I am everyone's little sister. I am non threatening and so they generally tell me things that they normally wouldn't. It's hard to keep your mouth shut when someone asks you something and you know somethings that maybe they should know. Then you realize something else, that this person has no idea what they are getting into. My dilemma is, should I have told this person what I know or do what I did and just nod my head and stuff my mouth with food. I don't know.

1 Comments:

  • What was this thing you did not say? Stephie, I know you want to tell me...

    By Blogger Ben, at 1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home