this is it

Friday, October 28, 2005

The reason for going

I am waking up at %:!)am tomorrow. That is to say 5:10am. No I did not because destitute over night and take a job working as a custodian in the morning( although one day I might if I can't be convinced to sell my bodily fluid for money). I am going to Salt Lake City tomorrow to meet an Apostle. Elder Bednar to be exact. He was the president of my school until his higher calling and I am excited for this opportunity. My health class is having a Q&A with him tomorrow. We are then going to see the city sights, I guess. I personally am going to see The Testaments again. I will probably fall asleep. At about 5:15pm we get on the bus and come home. I am hoping that we get here around nine but chances of that are very slim. I keep thinking that 5am is too early but for the chance to meet and speak to an Apostle it isn't.
I had a pretty hard decision to make recently. I was trying to decide which school to attend. My choices being BYU and BYU-Idaho. To many ( myself included) the distinction between the two has always made it clear which would be the better school. What then might you ask would make me ever want to stay here. I can't say. I don't know myself. Every time I think about it I know that I would have friends at BYU and I already do. I say the campus is scary and too big and the classes would be harder but I did it during the summer. I say that my minor isn't there but who cares about a minor. My brother is there and no matter how many friends I have here there is no replacing family but (don't be offended please) friends are replaceable. All of this points to the fact that life would be good at BYU. I agonized about this decision and prayed and finally came to the conclusion that I should stay here. Illogical but the choice I felt was right. This is why it took so long. I didn't want this but this is what feels right and everyday I think about it and wonder about whether I made the right choice. I hate that.
P.S. We are making waffles tonight! My mom sent me a waffle iron because my little brother doesn't like that it make Belgian waffles so my mom bought a new one and sent me the old one. I love it! Me and that waffle iron, we are going places( mainly the kitchen.)

2 Comments:

  • Well I guess I can't say anything about it.

    By Blogger Ben, at 9:31 PM  

  • I'm glad to know that I am a renewable resource. Would you classify me as a "beaner"?

    By Blogger Flops, at 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home