this is it

Monday, October 10, 2005

Straight Hair

I have noticed that straightening my hair has such a dramatic effect that I might as well be wearing a disguise. I also noticed that the guys who figure out what I have done are the ones who have girlfriends. Our friend who is currently single came over and said "Wow, your hair is different. Did you dye it?" And I wondered do people not notice that I have curly hair. I know that I wear it in a ponytail a lot. But can't you see the massive fro of curls when I turn around. Seriously I have walked by people and they don't even recognize me because my hair is like this. I find is rather humorous to tell people I did something to my hair and try to have them figure it out. Not even girls figure it out because they think I have straight hair.
Whatever, enough about hair. I also wish to speak today on the complexity of personal space. I have a pretty big personal bubble unless I like you. I have an even bigger personal bubble for men. I have a no touchy of the hair rule unless I specifically ask you to (I know that this is still about hair but what can I say I was having hair issues this weekend.). This friend mentioned before likes to play with hair. Girls hair to be more exact. He has probably played with the hair of everyone in my apartment except me. I choose to refrain and since I have no valid reason except for my irrational dislike of hair touching I say " My hair is curly and it gets knots tied in it." or " I don't want my hair to poof out." These are valid reasons but they are not the reason. When my hair was straight he said "hey let me play with you hair" I was forced at this moment in time to say "HECK NO" We then decided it was my personal bubble because he occasionally, to get a rise out of me, sits too close or something to that effect. He knows it bugs me and I know that someone out there is going to say well maybe he likes you. I don't think so and even if he did, I don't like him. Moral of my ranting, if a girl (especially this one) says no, it means no. If she wavers is probably means yes but she thinks she shouldn't. If she says yes, good for you and hope she doesn't change her mind(which I usually don't because it takes so much for me to make up my mind in the first place).

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home