this is it

Wednesday, November 9, 2005

The 80's

My hair was made for the 80's. I have natural curl and the boring brown color that was prominent at that point in time. I mention this because of a skit we did for enrichment this week. It was pretty fun because all we did was make fun of the 80's. Anyhow, my hair does naturally what girls back then styled their hair to do. I hate the heavy make up. I am not a big make up girl as mentioned in the previous post.* We did the clothing as best we could and took pictures so that my future generations can look at me and say, " What on earth was she smoking that day?" It's great. I have to say that while I don't mind being born in the 80's I am so glad that I didn't grow up then. I wonder if I would have been able to go to school and not laugh at the stupid scrunchies and high socks. The big shirts and leggings. Headbands, need I say more. Their music was basically atrocious. There is a little that I like. Cyndi Lauper was freaky but I love her music for whatever reason. I guess there was some good in the 80's but mostly it's just something to get a good laugh from.
P.S. We had an extremely amusing talk about discrimination in my soc.111 class. I loved just laughing mostly. We determined that people from Utah and Idaho and preemies get discriminated against here. Also someone mentioned freshmen girls don't get that many dates but that makes me laugh. Freshmen girls probably get more dates than that of any other year. I think they also get married more too. Someone said the other day that if you are married by 18 up here you ain't gonna get married here. It made me laugh and cry at the same time(not for me but for those silly 18 year old girls.)
*I got Mary Kayed. It was ok. I bought something that I will probably not ever use but I hate it when people go to trouble to have a party and don't get anything out of it. All in all I would say that it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. Whatever.

1 Comments:

  • Hey, I enjoyed the 80's. They actually treated me alright. I liked my clothes, the movies, some music and in particular, I salute Rainbow Brite.

    By Blogger Flops, at 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home