this is it

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

It's only annoying if...

My apartment has been overrun by annoying playthings that make it impossible to concentrate or hear anything above a yell. I think I love it. I'm not sure. Have you ever noticed how the bouncy balls, balloons with the rubber bands tied on one end and the weird little knocker things that are attached to the swingy middle thing* are only annoying if you aren't playing with them yourself? I think it's jealousy on my part. If I can't be playing with it then you shouldn't be able to either. Plus my ears are weird and when people play with the knocky things I can only feel the vibration in my ear but can't actually hear the sound all that well. Is that how it is supposed to be?
This leads me to other things like the weather. I know that around here there has been a lot of talk about weather. My roommates are mostly from the lovely, sunny year round state of California. Thus they haven't really experienced living in snow all that much. They get very excited and I, who really doesn't have anything against snow if properly prepared for it, feel the need to be pessimistic about it. I don't like being cold. I don't like being wet. I don't like layers. I don't like scarves and mitten or gloves. I hate coats and boots. I HATE ice. Actually, all of this is fine because it generally isn't all that cold here until you add in the wind chill factor which is one gazillion. That makes is negative one gazillion and four when you are walking to class.
P.S. Yesterday was once again my bio lab. We did something on the senses. I realized that my taste buds don't work, I can't hear (which I already knew) and that it hurts when you put a poker from boiling water directly on to the underside of my forearm. At least I know that my pain receptors work properly and I have nothing horribly wrong with my eyesight.

*I apologize for the inaccurate descriptions.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home